It's very important to us that your Stämpfli Racing Boat never lets you down. Of course Stämpfli Racing Boats are renowned for their reliability and quality. But just to give you that extra degree of reassurance, every new Stämpfli Racing Boat comes with a ten-year warranty that covers you for any failure caused by a manufacturing defect within the warranty period.
All Stämpfli Racing Boats are supplied with a warranty. This warranty protects you against failures in the boat caused by a defect in its manufacture within the warranty period. This sets out the terms of this warranty.
How long is the Warranty Period?
For boats sold by Stämpfli Racing Boats in the United States and Canada your warranty lasts for 120 months from the day that your Stämpfli Racing Boat is invoiced.
What does the Warranty cover?
This Warranty is our promise to you that your Stämpfli Racing Boat is free from defects in material or workmanship while it was being made. If it's not, then this warranty means we will arrange for the repair to put any defect right, free of charge.
However, the warranty does only cover items manufactured by us, specifically the hull, canvasses & monocoque, and only covers the original boat and not any modification, accessories or other item supplied after the manufacture.
If the problem isn't caused by a defect that occurred during the manufacture, called a "Warranted Defect", then it won't be covered by this warranty. This means that you are not covered for problems caused by the following:
- If you ignore any instructions from Stämpfli Racing Boats.
- If you misuse your boat.
- If you fail to maintain the boat according to the instructions.
- If maintenance or repairs are not performed by a Stämpfli Authorized Repairer (see below).
- If the failures are caused by any modification, alterations or fitting of an accessory to your original Stämpfli Racing Boats after its manufacture. These items may be covered by a different guarantee. Please ask your retailer to confirm the cover for these items.
- If failure is a result of normal wear and tear.
- If the failures are caused by external influences such as tree sap, storms, or other environmental impacts, or from events such as salt water ingress, accident damage, vandalism or war.
What costs are covered?
Stämpfli Racing Boats shall arrange for the repair to parts necessary to correct the Warranted Defect.
What costs are not covered?
The warranty covers the repair, but you are not covered for the cost of any related expenses or losses caused by the defect, such as the cost of transportation, telephones, rental boats, hotels, taxis, time or inconvenience or any loss of profit, revenue or consequential losses.
While this warranty covers the repairs due to manufacturing defects, it does not cover any costs of maintenance or accidental damage, including costs of replacing items that need replacing due to natural wear and tear.
This Warranty does not affect a consumer's statutory rights.
How do I sort out a Warranted Defect problem?
Obviously we want to get you back on the water as quickly and as effortlessly as we can. Please note the following to help us achieve this:
- Notify a Stämpfli Racing Boats Authorised Repairer (see below) immediately, or as soon as practically possible, when you notice any problem that may be due to a Warranted Defect.
- The repair work must be carried out by an Authorised Stämpfli Racing Boats Repairer and all parts must be parts supplied by Stämpfli Racing Boats. We will then reimburse the Authorised Repairer directly.
- You must permit the Authorised Repairer to fully inspect the boat. With some problems, diagnosis may not be possible with only one inspection so you may need to make more than one visit to an Authorised Repairer.
- The Authorised Repairer will need to see your boat's service and repair history to ensure the problem is not caused by incorrect service or repair work.
The procedure outlined above is the sole remedy available against Stämpfli Racing Boats in respect of a warranted defect. Except for any personal injury or damage to property caused by the negligence of Stämpfli Racing Boats, liability for any other forms of loss is excluded.
This warranty replaces all other terms implied by law and any other liability arising at law in respect of the quality of the boat against Stämpfli Racing Boats. Any such terms or liabilities are therefore excluded providing exclusion is not prohibited or negated by law.
The terms of your Stämpfli Racing Boats warranty are in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer under a contract of sale.
Providing warranty conditions have been followed, any unexpired warranty may be transferred to new owners of your boat.
Stämpfli Racing Boats reserve the right to modify or amend these warranty terms without notice.
Current Stämpfli Authorized Repairers
Stämpfli Service Center - Americas
98 Valley Road, Suite 1
Greenwich, CT 06807, United States
+1 (800) 985-9230 - toll free
+1 (800) 985-9023 - fax